Sunday 12 April 2009

Dilemma!

I am finding my self in a big dilemma...should i try to change university or keep my self on the same university until the end of the course?
This doubts started surging after a meeting with my personal tutor, which by the way an excellent teacher and also my teacher, this because I "showed" some doubts related to the commitment of not just some of my fellow students but also of some of the teachers. I know it is not their fault I am a mature student, with some more knowledge in the area of financial markets and trading then my colleagues, but in terms of commitment maybe my experience and the fact of not wanting to waste more time are big contributors factors for my feeling of sometimes I am not learning what I think I should!
Put this together with the factor of my university is not on the top of the "stupid" tables, and bang! My doubts and fears all in enhanced level, in terms of the prospects I have as a graduate trying to go to jobs markets , which I hope will be a buoyant one by the time I graduate.
I do honestly believe it doesn't matter which university you came from, what it matters is the commitment of the student , which will be reflected on his final grades, but it seems the potential employers do not see it this way, the old cliche of where did you study is still very much alive, not that I put in question the quality of the teaching on those institutions will be many times betters, but that does not invalidate the good work other universities are doing, again the commitment of the student it can make up for the difference.
I also believe a university reputation is made by their fellow graduates, so, in principle a university can climb those "classification tables" and through the years improve there stats, but here is where the factor student commitment have more weight, and my problem and my "fears" reside actually there, because at the present moment in terms of colleagues commitment and knowledge or the thirst for it is very questionable, and makes all those doubts and fears I have been feeling become bigger, making me make the terrible question , should I look to another university to finish my course?
But please don't take my present university for all is bad, because it isn't , we actually have excellent research and study venues, excellent list of up to date resources like the library and computer labs, etc...but the doubts are still there!
What should I do? I realise this must be a very personal decision and that there is nobody out there with a magic answer...so we will see.

3 comments:

  1. Sentiment - Between Yellow and Red Alert
    These levels of compliance were never very good for the market. We are already extreme levels. I believe a short term top is supported also on indicators of current sentiment. At this level I say we are between a yellow and red alert.
    Only three graphics to explain better.
    http://rounderstrader.blogspot.com/2009/04/sentiment-between-yellow-and-red-alert.html


    SPX - Daily. Beatiful Wedge.
    We should be very close of top. Mybe monday a high residual above the last friday.
    If no break in the closing 885 this is an area of Top.
    Below 885 should expect a visit to 780 mybe 750.
    835 important to break the pattern of recent weeks.
    Forming a rising wedge (bearish) in recent weeks confirming loss of momentum.

    Close above 885 next level 905-920.
    Close above 945 (MM200) should see a visit to 985-1010.
    In the graph are represented the major area of resistance for the next sessions.

    http://rounderstrader.blogspot.com/2009/04/spx-daily-beatiful-wedge.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spx close below 935 (918.37)=(+7.66)

    Below 935 I expect [880,893] very short term.
    Below 957 I expect [790,820] medium term.
    If spx close hourly above 928 I have to reduce some short.

    Important tomorrow a close above today high but remember the resistance. Let see, market close today again above MOV (917.82), if tommorrow close above today high, confirm that will attack resistance 828,935
    See daily charts green line. Sometimes when we have a pullback the first close above MOV don`t garanties upside.

    Tomorrow suport Hourly 915. Bear will try to break that and change again MACD hourly.
    Sentiment - Vix try to not break 29.60 (gap/open monday and last high )

    Click to zoom in.
    Enjoy.


    http://followmarketrend.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Pages